Monday, March 31, 2014
- It seems like the secret to being a successful blogger is to make time to blog. I guess that's the secret to success - making time to do whatever you love.
- The secret to passing the boards? Not procrastinating. Which I am currently doing. Watching True Detective on HBO. Kiddies, don't try this at home
- I'm having Costa Rica withdrawals.
- Costa Rica got me thinking about my life. Will I be able to give up all material urges and live a simple life and be relatively stress-free. It's pretty tempting but it's also a hard task especially since we (Americans) have been raised to go for the gold, the American Dream, whatever that means.
- Working on a new project. But first, let me pass my boards.
xoxo Happy Monday!
Friday, March 28, 2014
If you "follow" this blog, you might deduce that I love to travel. I love discovering new places, eating lots of new food and knowing more about different cultures and their ways of living. Because life is not always how we want it to turn out, I decided to make a travel bucket list - places I'd love to visit before I die. This is not in any particular order - more like the order they popped into my head. I haven't researched any of these places as extensively as I usually do so this list is not set in stone. Regardless, these are where I want to go for now.
1. Canary Islands
4. Santorini (ok, all of Greece)
5. Italy - Positano, Florence, Rome, Venice, Vatican City
6. Siem Reap
7. Forbidden City in China
8. France - Lourdes, Paris,
12. Spain - all over, not just Barcelona and Madrid
13. Croatia - I can't believe I left this off the original list!!
I will post this every year, adding new places and taking off ones I travel to.
Do you have a bucket list? xoxo
Back from gorgeous Costa Rica and I couldn't be more sad. Costa Rica exceeded my expectations and I can't wait to go back. Pics will be up soon. I'm just waiting for the other girls to upload the ones on their phones. Yes, we all forgot our cameras but thank goodness for iPhones.
Back in NYC now and back to studying. Also back to exercising. I wasn't really working out in Costa Rica except for the two hikes that we did. I did eat healthy, mostly seafood and fresh fruits, BUT I also consumed more alcohol this past week than I have in the last 6 months. No bueno. But, like I said, it's back to working out.
Still banned from sweets for Lent. FYI - no sweets does not mean no sugar. It means no desserts or pastries. At least that's how I qualified it. No meat Fridays is tough not because I eat a lot of meat (I don't). I just always forget it's friday and sometimes I end up eating chicken or get a breakfast sandwich from Starbucks (I love the new ham and cheese one). But today is Friday, so I'm going to try to avoid any meats.
Have not bought shoes yet although I am quite tempted. I'll wait tip I'm done with the boards to see if I truly deserve a new pair. Also, I'm saving up for my next trip.
Anyway, hope everyone is having a great Friday! XOXO