Monday, December 7, 2009

Updates!



It's been a while since I've updated this blog.  It seems like the days seem to go by at lightning speed when I barely have time to catch my breath!  I won't bore anyone with details so I'll just go ahead with updates:

1. Penn interview went well.  I was exhausted from my trip but I'm glad I went.  It was nice to see the campus and meet the people.  Hopefully, I made a good impression.  I don't hear back from them until about February although they do send out their first round of rejection letters this month! 

2. I've scheduled my interview with Johns Hopkins for Dec. 22nd.  I'm doing a phone interview this time since it's so close to Christmas and airline ticket prices are sky-rocketing!  If I do get accepted, I'll visit the campus then to help me decide.

3. I wanted to go on vacation before I start grad school. In fact, JJ and I planned a trip to Italy and Greece.  With all the preparations to move cross-country, I don't think that trip's feasible.  We'll probably go when we both graduate.  Insane European shopping trip, woo-hoo! I still want to go on a short trip though.  Not sure where at the moment.

4.  I have finals coming up in the next 3 weeks.  I'm hoping I did well enough in my Physics class that I don't have to take the final.  I find out tomorrow.  I'm crossing my fingers and toes that I got a 185/200 in my last test.  That's the absolute minimum for me to pass out of the final.

5.  Christmas time is here and that means shopping galore!  Not just for gifts but for me too.  I have a nasty habit of buying myself a thing or two for every present I buy.  =)  So far, I've bought myself more than enough presents and I've only bought 3-4 presents.  That's not too good, is it?

6.  What else is there?  So far I've really just stressed out about school and getting into school.  In January, I have to add financial aid into the mix.  I hope I get my W2s early so I can get my taxes done early.  I should probably send an email to my former employer's accounting department.  I'll do that January 1st.  =)

That's all I have so far.  I hope to blog more soon when school is done.  I also hope to have good news soon! 

No comments: