<-- This is probably how my preceptor felt last Friday. Sigh. It was my first day on the floor and she apparently thought she was precepting someone with bone marrow transplant experience and not a new grad. G-r-eee-aaa-ttt... and on top of that, she seemed to be having a bad day. What does all this mean for me? That I felt stupid and I felt like I was disappointing her. Sigh.
1. I do not have experience with IVs.
2. It doesn't help that you talk too fast.
3. I am not a question-asker by nature. I just don't ask questions. I ruminate. It's how I learn.
4. I'm nervous. It's my first day doing stuff.
5. You can't expect me to remember nursing school. I graduated a year ago.
I hate feeling incompetent. I hope I sturvive my next 3 shifts. Three back-to-back 12-hour shifts. That should be fun. God help me.