Sunday, February 3, 2013

Jamaica 1.21-1.25

Five days is not enough but it was a nice break from reality (and from the cold).  We originally booked at Grand Pineapple but were upgraded to Beaches - both Sandals-owned resorts.  I have never been to an all-inclusive resort and let me tell you, well worth it!!  I will definitely be back!

The wait staff at Beaches was amazing.  Entertaining and professional AND best part is they remembered us throughout the trip.  Great group of people!

 We booked a tour that included Black River, YS Falls and Appleton Rum Estate.  Black River was pretty cool.  We met a spear fisher that swims in the lake to catch fish, alongside alligators! Yikes!

YS Falls was fun - O and I did the optional zip line which was awesome!  Check me out in the middle photo with the amazing view above.  I'm glad I did it even though I'm such a chicken when it comes to heights.  Thanks to O for almost pushing me off the edge, LOL.

Appleton Rum Estate was last but certainly not least.  The rum was great - now I know why Capt. Jack Sparrow was crazy about it! And of course, I brought some home with me.  How can I not?

Set atop the cliffs in Negril, destroyed by two hurricanes but rebuilt to be stronger and better than ever, Rick's Cafe is also another must-see in Negril.  Definitely a tourist trap but worth it for the beautiful sunset views overlooking the amazing Caribbean blue sea.  We also watched people dive off the cliffs into the water.  Some of them looked like they will be hurting the next day or so!

Overall, a great trip with great girls.  Had lots of laughs, lots of drinks and LOTS of food.  I will definitely go back and I will definitely go on another trip with these girls.  Can't wait for the next trip!

xoxo

No comments: