Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Dovetail 01.15.13

When it comes to trying to meet up with friends, it's gotten so difficult with everyone's schedules.  My friends and I share Google calendars and when there's a day that most of us are free, we jump at the chance to schedule dinner.  This time around, our free day coincided with Restaurant Week so we made reservations at Dovetail.

Much to our surprise, Dovetail only offers a lunch special for Restaurant Week.  Two of our friends wanted to leave and the other two wanted to stay.  I ordered a glass of wine, so we ended up staying, HAHA.  I was glad we stayed because I had a great meal.  I chose the Four Course Prix Fixe and ordered the chestnut soup, fuji apple salad, duck breast and sticky toffee parsnip cake. Ooh, did I mention the "free" canapes, amuse bouche and petit fours?  Extra is always good especially when free!

Overall, a great meal with topnotch service (and so hot - but married).  I would definitely go again  and maybe try the Chef Tasting menu.

Wild Mushroom Salad
Long Island Duck Breast



Sticky Toffee Parsnip Cake with Cream Cheese Ice Cream


Dark Chocolate Souffle with Peppermint Ice Cream

If you get a chance, stop by.  It's worth it.  xoxo

2 comments:

karengkeng said...

i agree. we enjoyed our meal there.

cheeky_deb said...

i would go back and try other stuff