Saturday, February 1, 2014

Get Lean Beginner Program Recap


I just finished the Get Lean Beginner Program.  Thirty days - 2 runs, 30-min workout x1, 45-minute x1 and 15-min yoga per week.  According to the app, I completed 65% of the workouts.  I call BS though.  I have a non-conventional work week meaning the days I work changes from week to week.  The problem with the app is that the workout days are a little bit too rigid.  For the Get Lean program, I had to switch some days around but the program thinks I skipped those days.  It's great for those who keep strict schedules, not so great for me.

Overall, I think this was a great beginner workout program.  After 30 days, I can actually run on a treadmill instead of just walk.  Combined with a healthier diet, I also lost about 6 pounds.  For the next 30 days, I am still undecided on which workout program to try next.  Whatever it is, I hope it works with my schedule.

PS - The last week of the program was completed while on vacation in Puerto Rico while also enjoying rich Puerto Rican fare.  Still lost 6 lbs at the end.  Like I said, not bad for a beginner program.

No comments: