Monday, September 22, 2008

Cameo Bar

Location: Viceroy Hotel, Santa Monica
Food: N/A - unless you count a bite and a half of the crab balls, then 2/5
Drinks: 4/5
Service: 3.5/5
Ambiance: 4/5
Price: $$$
Overall: 4/5

JJ and I compiled a list of places to go about a week ago. After reading the reveiws on Yelp, we decided to start with Cameo Bar at the Viceroy Hotel in Santa Monica. As I usually don't hang out in the Santa Monica area, I had my reservations. I also knew some people that frequent the Viceroy and that really didn't help either.

Lucky for me, I was pleasantly surprised. JJ and I arrived a little early so we avoided any lines. We also found seats in the bar area, another pleasant surprise. The place had a pretty good vibe. It wasn't too crowded and it wasn't empty either. The pool area had lots of seating available, especially for a small hotel. They have 3 cabanas available but there was a private event that night. The people were not bad, either. Some were a little questionable but I'd say more than half looked better than average. It's a pretty cool place to hang out and people-watch. JJ and I will probably come back.


**Note: There was a review on Yelp about eye contact and Cameo Bar. Apparently, one doesn't even have to make eye contact to be engaged in a conversation here. JJ and I were happily talking trash about what some people were wearing (I really wish I had my camera), when these two guys sort of just snaked their way in to our conversation. Not that I'm complaining, they were extremely entertaining. I just wish they had a smoother way of doing it.

No comments: