Sunday, February 15, 2009

I'm so handy...

LOL. Not to toot my own horn but I do love that fact that I'm pretty good at putting things together. I think it's coz I love puzzles so much that putting together furniture almost feels like a giant 3D puzzle to me. Anyway, most of you know that I recently bought a new TV and TV stand. Since I live by myself, it was extremely hard for me to figure out what to do with my existing TV and entertainment center. I didn't want to throw them out so I contacted a person from my past. He gladly took the TV off my hands but he couldn't take the entertainment center.

So for about a week, I was stuck with my empty entertainment center which stood right next to my new tv stand. Why didn't I just sell it? Well, it's extremely old and scratched. It was still sturdy but I guess I was just too lazy to go through the motions of actually having to sell it. Too many emails and phone calls to answer. Not for me.

The entertainment center is extremely heavy and I had no one to help me take it to the dumpster so Arash suggested that I take it apart. So, one night (I think it was Wednesday night), I took out my tools and went at it. It must've taken me a little over an hour to take the whole thing apart. Like I said, it's extremely old so taking some of the screws out was almost impossible. I actually had to break some of the pieces off because the screws were too stubborn. So for my effort, this is what I have to show for. Pretty cool... LOL.

3 comments:

MadsaboutU said...

Way to go. I still remember the entertainment center that we put together...did that not take us about 3 hours?I had a blister on my finger to prove it(which became a wart that i had for 2 years, thank goodness it's now gone)anyway, i just remembered that time because it was really funny how we could not get the thing out of the car because it was too heavy so we had to carry it in pieces for about 5 trips!LMAO. Those were the days my friend.

cheeky_deb said...

Yeah, those were the days. That entertainment center was a b*tch to put together...giant entertainment center...

MadsaboutU said...

yup, i still have half of it. i could not bring myself to throw the whole thing away just because of what it reminds me of. jk. i have a problem with parting from things that does not fit in the trash nor my trunk to give it away. in short, too lazy to bother having it picked up. lol