Thursday, February 5, 2009

Le Bernardin + Top Chef = HEAVEN!

As I watched Top Chef last night, I almost fell out my seat when I heard that they were going to Le Bernardin.

I don't recall if I've ever mentioned it on this blog but Le Bernardin is on my list of "Restaurants to Try Before I Die". I'm a fan of Eric Ripert and would LOVE to try his restaurant the next time I'm in New York. I have actually contemplated flying out to NYC for a culinary tour but no one wants to come with (plus it's extremely expensive). Reservations have to be made a couple months in advance (like most top restaurants) but I think I can definitely swing that since I have to plan the trip anyhow. Anyone interested?

Anyway, on Top Chef last night, the chefs were invited for a lunch at Le Bernardin. As soon as those words were uttered, I immediately knew they had to recreate the dishes that they just ate. The chefs were enjoying a seemingly "day off" from competing that when they were told the challenge, most of them were not too happy (they weren't paying that much attention to the dishes). Jamie commented that she wasn't too excited about the dishes and even called the "boring" (THE NERVE!!!). I think she got her comeuppance when she picked her least favorite dish to recreate and eventually got the boot.

On another note, I LOVE Eric Ripert. He just seems so nice and humble and I just want to hug him and pinch his cheeks.

2 comments:

MadsaboutU said...

LMAO. My thoughts exactly. Wednesday is my favorite night of the week because of top chef and now lost is back! Oh geez...I was so happy when Jamie got booted out.

cheeky_deb said...

Yeah, me too...I think Leah should go soon...