Tuesday, December 4, 2012

12.17

Fun stuff at school today!  I rarely say that so it must really be awesome right???  It was.  My hands are still a bit numb but it was worth it.  What did we do?  We learned how to suture!!  Yay!


We only learned the simple running and simple interrupted sutures.  Next week, we're going to learn more complicated ones.  I think I did a good job for my first time!  I can't wait to practice some more (and maybe even on real people!!!).

*For those animal activists, try not to have a conniption fit.  The piggy feet were synthetic (they probably should've given us human hands or heads but that would be too gruesome, like Walking Dead gruesome).  No animals were harmed during this exercise.  When you think about it, it's pretty unsanitary to actually practice on piggy feet from the grocery store/butcher shop.*

No comments: