Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I got promoted!!!

Yay! Today I got promoted at work! Yesterday was such a bad day and today was the total opposite. I'm so glad and yet a little apprehensive. The new job is a little bit more demanding. It's a managerial position in a totally different department and I'm a little concerned that I won't be able to pick things up as quickly. I know my boss has faith in me, which is why he offered me the position, but I also don't want to disappoint him.

Our Executive VP already voiced his concerns. He was concerned not because he thinks I'm unqualified for the position but because it's a total departure to what I've been doing for the past four years. And I agree. Although I have background in Economics and Finance, Accounting is a totally different field. I'm pretty smart so I think I'll be able pick things up but I'm not sure it'll be at their pace. Our VP has already offered to help me if I overwhelmed in anyway and I am grateful for that. Again, I just don't want to disappoint. I'll be ordering "Accounting for Dummies" and "Iddiot's Guide to Accounting" soon to supplement my one semester of accounting knowledge.

When the initial apprehension subsides, I think I'll be fine. I just need to really listen and pay attention and take good notes. And then I'll come home and teach myself as much as I can. The rest, I'll leave up to God. Wish me luck!!!

No comments: